Sunday 3 January 2016

Some New Fabrics

Okay, so 2016 hasn't started off the way I planned... I went to the fabric store and found out that I missed their boxing week sale! The flyer said it would be on until January 4th, but it wasn't. What's a girl to do when she misses the sale? Shop the dollar racks of course! 


I got this pink stretch woven for $4/m. I'm not really sure if I like the stretchiness of it, but the price was right and I do like the colour. Sometimes I find that too much stretch makes my clothing uncomfortable. It makes me feel sticky or something. Maybe I will try it as a pair of shorts or a skirt (think Butterick 5649) or maybe something for my five year old, she likes pink as much as I do. The more I touch it, though, the more I think it would make a nice jacket. 


I got this burgundy twill for $4/m. I love the colour, and I don't think I'll feel sticky in it at all. In fact it has a very nice hand. It would make a lovely blazer, pants, skirt, you name it. As soon as I saw it, my heart was set on making McCall's 6610, the straight legged version. I bought a little extra, too. You never know when a slightly a-line twill skirt with a centre-pleat will be needed... I wonder if anyone else sees finished garments when they're looking at fabric?

And this slippery satin-like fabric for $3/m... When I first saw this fabric, I thought it would make a beautiful blouse, one with a bow at the neck. But as I was standing at the cutting counter, I saw a dressing gown, a nightgown and pyjamas... So I bought everything that was left on the bolt! Let's just hope that my sewing skills are sharp enough to deal with such a slippery fabric.

After those fabrics were cut, I headed upstairs to the home decor department for some drapery lining. I know, boring... But I did get it at a 40% discount. And, my first project of 2016 will be curtains for my 22 year old's bedroom.

Completed projects: 0
Remaining projects: 52

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous you are so organized, mine are stuffed in the closet still in the bag. Sigh

    ReplyDelete